The National Safety Council, a safety advocate group that promotes safety in homes, workplaces, and communities across the country, has designated the month of June as National Safety Month. Specifically, the group has dedicated Safety Month 2016 to several safety subjects relevant to healthcare, including emergency planning and response in the workplace, medication safety, worker wellness and health, and reducing hazards in the workplace such as distractions and improperly secured furniture that can lead to falls and other injuries.
We’re celebrating Safety Month by offering giveaways, raffles, and discounts on all your favorite safety products. Win a $100 gift certificate good for any Safety product on the HCPro Marketplace by answering the following five trivia questions correctly.
Send your responses to Managing Editor John Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org  by Friday, July 1. Winners will be chosen randomly from the responses received.
- List three injury reporting requirements, according to OSHA’s website.
- Name two things OSHA says employers must train workers required to use personal protective equipment to know.
- Name three components of a compliant chemical label, according to the OSHA GHS labeling requirements for hazardous materials.
- How many facility inspections were conducted by OSHA in 2015?
- Name three risk factors in healthcare facilities that can lead to workplace violence.