We need your input for a possible Ebola webcast

By: October 9th, 2014 Email This Post Print This Post

Hi folks –

We at HCPro are discussing the possibility of hosting a special webcast about infection control – and focusing quite specifically on the Ebola situation—from a healthcare safety and readiness standpoint.

Also, with the Enterovirus going around as well, we feel there is a lot of misinformation and potential panic in U.S. hospitals and clinics about their readiness. We thought it would be a good time to do a webcast that could talk about how hospitals can prepare for patients, how to properly disinfect rooms, and isolation procedures.

I’d like your input on a couple things:

1)      Is there interest in such a program, and what would you like to see in such a program?

2)      We are looking for potential speakers/experts who would like to participate in the webcast, and can help us develop an agenda.

Due to the timely nature of the subject, we are looking to do this in mid- to late November, and certainly before Thanksgiving. If you are interested in participating, or can point me in the right direction towards potential sources, I would be much obliged.

Have a great day, and as always feel free to contact me at jpalmer@hcpro.com.

John Palmer

Comments

By Connie Lovelace on October 10th, 2014 at 10:22 am

I am interested in an EBOLA program.

I am not interested in presenting.

By vilma cipriano on October 10th, 2014 at 10:24 am

EBOLA webcast will be great

By Connie Lovelace on October 10th, 2014 at 10:26 am

It would be helpful to have an EBOLA program.

Both are very interesting topics. I’d like to see the presentation.

By William Hatfield on October 10th, 2014 at 10:33 am

As a Supervisor in the Lab of Phlebotomist and hearing the concerns and thoughts they have shared with me I would like to see such a webcast to hear and see what and how other areas are dealing with these issue and the concerns they have for staff as we all face this major new concern in the US.

HI John
one of the discussions at our institution has been to review the recommendations of the CDC regarding PPE. AT minimum they require gown and pants ( and other PPE) but we believe that a full suit would ber more appropriate not only for protection but also for donning and doffing. would love to have feedback on what is the overall consensus at hospitials, clinics etc.

By Monica Wierzbicki on October 10th, 2014 at 11:27 am

I would be interested in hearing both programs.

By Trish Cooper on October 10th, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I am particularly interested in an ebola presentation about inection control related to emergency management planning at various types of facilities, including outpatient healthcare settings and university student clinics and campus facilties. I am in the midst of chairing this effort for our campus and would love more voices and input. I’d be happy to share what we have done and continue to do as well.

By Judy Ruggeri on October 12th, 2014 at 11:14 am

I would be interested in both topics. I agree there is a lot of misinformation and panic. I do infection control and OSHA training for dental offices and am very interested in the CDC guidelines.

By John Palmer on October 13th, 2014 at 11:04 am

Judy, would you be interested in commenting for a story? I am interested in finding out what facilities are doing to prepare and what your biggest concerns are.

Thanks

John Palmer

By John Palmer on October 13th, 2014 at 11:05 am

Trish, I would interested to hear more about your efforts in your facility – John