The National Safety Council, a safety advocate group that promotes safety in homes, workplaces, and communities across the country, has designated the month of June as National Safety Month. Specifically, the group has dedicated the second week of June (June 8-14) to preventing slips, trips, and falls, one of the most prevalent causes of injuries to workers in the healthcare industry.
We’re celebrating safety week by offering lots of free giveaways, raffles, and discounts on all your favorite safety products. Win a $100 gift certificate good for any product on the HCPro Marketplace by answering the following five trivia questions correctly.
Send your responses to Managing Editor John Palmer at email@example.com  by Friday, June 13. Winners will be chosen randomly from the responses received.
1. According to OSHA, work-related injuries and illnesses affect how many hospital workers every year?
2. The National Safety Council recommends several tips for reducing slips, trips, and falls in the home and workplace. Name three of them.
3. According to OSHA, which type of injury is the most prevalent in hospitals, affecting at least 50% of healthcare workers?
4. The National Safety Council was founded in what year?
5. OSHA has a new website devoted to worker safety in hospital. What is that website’s URL?