I’d like to take a moment this morning to thank those who participated in our focus group Tuesday to discuss what they like about our newsletters and what we could do to bring better content to our readers in the future. It was a very lively discussion, and I thought very productive.
Among the things we discovered:
- Our participants like and want “best practice articles” that will tell them how to better do their job. They want to know what their colleagues are doing, and they need standards references from regulatory agencies to back up their actions to other people when they ask “why?”
- Blog posts and talk groups are very helpful – they’d like an outlet to be able to connect with others in the field to ask questions and get answers quickly.
- They don’t really care for social media – forums on Facebook and Twitter, while fun, wouldn’t help them much – there’s no time in the day!
- OSHA is a very important topic to them, and they want to hear more about what they are up to – especially in California.
- “Quick Hit” articles such as Top Ten lists and statistics they can share with their employees and colleagues are important to them.
- Our articles are being shared – when they see something they like, they get emailed to colleagues or used for training purposes.
As a relatively new editor here at HC Pro, I recognize that I have huge shoes to fill in the safety market to my readers. In the last 9 months alone, I have learned so much about what the folks in the clinic safety and hospital safety industries do, and it’s my pleasure to do the best I can to help you do your jobs better.
As always, I welcome reader input, and I welcome reader submissions for publication in the newsletters. Feel free to email me at email@example.com anytime with comments, suggestions, and questions.
To learn more about our safety newsletters, Briefings in Hospital Safety and Medical Environment Update, visit the HC Pro Marketplace at http://hcmarketplace.com/index.php .
Managing Editor, Safety