OSHA adds free online respiratory protection videos
OSHA announced its new respiratory protection video web page, January 31.
- Respiratory Protection in General Industry
- Respiratory Protection in Construction
- Respirator Types
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Maintenance and Care of Respirators
- Medical Evaluations for Workers Who Use Respirators
- Respiratory Protection Training Requirements
- Voluntary Use of Respirators
- Counterfeit and Altered Respirators: The Importance of NIOSH Certification
The free videos, while not specific to healthcare settings, allow safety officers and trainers to access sections of the standard that apply to general industry, including healthcare.
Spanish language videos are also available on the same page.
If you don’t need to access only a certain section of the standard for compliance, try the OSHA video that is specific for healthcare workers that the agency posted a year ago. It is 33 minutes in length and does a good a job in covering all the elements of the standard listed above.