As of October 1, 2018, the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Value-Based Purchasing Program (VBP) rewards SNFs with incentive payments for reducing hospital readmissions. To receive incentive payments for this quality measure, make sure these seven readmission risks don’t exist in your facility:
1. Inadequate staff. Staff are ill-prepared and not equipped to deal with the acuity of patient referrals (principally comorbidities).
2. Insufficient advance care planning. SNF does not conduct adequate communication between the patient and family regarding hospitalization issues.
3. Poor care coordination. SNF is not in sync with referring hospital upon discharge regarding medication reconciliation, assessment, equipment needs, etc.
4. Lack of tools to manage patient acuity. Not enough or no diagnostic tools, radiology services, lab services, IV pumps, pharmacy coverage, etc.
5. Inadequate physician coverage/support. SNF doesn’t have a strong medical director and/or physician staff.
6. Lack of or ineffective QAPI. Facility isn’t doing quality assurance tracking/trending on transitions and thus doesn’t identify root causes.
7. Ineffective electronic health record systems. Information and access is not readily available to diagnosis and treat preventable conditions in-place.
To correct these risk factors, join expert speaker Reginald M. Hislop III, PhD, Managing Partner and CEO of H2 Healthcare, LLC on Thursday, November 8, 1-2pm, ET for a discounted price of $59 as he provides strategies for meeting this SNF VBP requirement.
Your entire staff can listen in to this 60-minute program for one low price. We can’t wait to share this info with you!