So how did the audit go? OCR wants to know.
The 115 entities audited in the HITECH-required HIPAA Audit program are taking surveys to help OCR determine the efficacy of the program in assessing the HIPAA compliance efforts of covered entities. As part of that review, the online survey will be used to:
- Measure the effect of the HIPAA Audit program on covered entities
- Gauge their attitudes toward the audit overall and in regard to major audit program features, such as the document request, communications received, the on-site visit, the audit-report findings and recommendations
- Obtain estimates of costs incurred by covered entities, in time and money, spent responding to audit-related requests
- Seek feedback on the effect of the HIPAA Audit program on the day-to-day business operations
- Assess whether improvements in HIPAA compliance were achieved as a result of the Audit program
The information, opinions, and comments collected using the online survey will be used to produce recommendations for improving the HIPAA Audit program.