Government conference on HIPAA Security
Government security officials will host the fifth annual conference, Safeguarding Health Information: Building Assurance through HIPAA Security
, June 6 and 7 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.
The conference speakers will explore the current health information technology security landscape and the HIPAA Security Rule, highlighting the present state of health information security. In addition, they will present practical strategies, tips and techniques for compliance.
Presentations will cover a variety of current topics including:
- Updates on HHS health information privacy and security initiatives
- OCR’s enforcement of health information privacy and security activities
- Integrating security safeguards into health IT
- Safeguards to secure mobile devices
- Removing sensitive data from the Internet
For more information, visit the NIST conference website