By Penny Richards, CCDS Coordinator and Member Services Specialist
Along with a dizzying number of education sessions at the ACDIS Conference in Las Vegas next month will be the annual Poster Session. These science fair-style presentations allow a selected group of your colleagues to present their CDI team and facility’s challenges and success stories, condensed onto a poster. Posters will be on display throughout the conference in the Exhibit Hall.
Presenters will be on hand during the morning break on Thursday, May 11, (10:15 to 11:15 a.m.) to talk to you about their poster and answer your questions. You’re sure to come away from the Poster Session with great ideas to incorporate into your CDI program to help build your own success story.
Here is a list of topics you’ll find at this year’s Poster Session:
- CDI Report Card: Physician CDI Education
- How to Avoid a Query Initiative: Educating the Physicians
- Implementation of the Stop Sepsis Collaborative
- CDI 2.0: Education for the Newer CDI
- CDS Competency Validation
- Putting the PSI in CDI
- Key Chart Reviews Using SharePoint
- Improved SOI and ROM Documentation
- Provider Perspective on Charting Compliance and Query Success
- Pediatric Malnutrition
- CDS Coverage and Query Delivery
- Remote CDI Challenges and Solutions
- Shared Note Query in EPIC
- Growth and Success at Tidelands Health System
- Building a Successful CDS Team
- Finding Data Hidden in Obstetrics and Prenatal Records
- Career Ladder: Review Assignments by Units
- A Retrospective Denials Review
- Strategies to Improve Provider Query Response Rates
- Out DRG Analysis and Review Taskforce (DART).
- Our successful CDI/HII (Health Information Integrity) Remote Team
- Transition from Traditional CDI Practices to Innovative CDI Practices
- Shift from Regional to a System Approach to CDI
- CDI in the Rehab Setting
- Physician Engagement with TEMPO Board Rounds
- MS-DRG Groupers Assigned to the MDC 24
- Revitalizing a CDI Program to Promote Orientation of New Staff
- Daily CDI Huddle: Team Meeting
- Oncology Documentation: Improving SOI and ROM
- Development and Implementation of a CDI Ladder
- Impact CDS Impact on Quality Reporting and Documentation Accuracy
- From Failing to Exceeding Goal in Three Months
- Financial Impact of CDS in Critical Access Hospitals
- Candyland: A Fun Look at CDIs and Physicians Engagement
- Complications of Care: A Retrospective Review
You will find a list of all of the posters in your conference bag so you can make notes of which topics you find particularly interesting for follow up after the conference.
We will take photos of each poster and put them on the ACDIS website after the conference. We will also post a one-page description written by the presenter, including their contact information, so you can reach out for more helpful information about their topic.
Maybe you will present your success to conference attendees in 2018!