Webinar Date: Tuesday,February 19 2019 |1:00-2:30 p.m. EST
Presented by: Heather Forbes, BSN, RN, CEN, CPhT
Summary: Accreditation is a complex topic with multiple branches, specialties, and nuances. New accreditation specialists often come from disparate backgrounds, with huge variations in the type and amount of training (if any) they had before accepting their new role. There’s a steep learning curve involved, with countless terms, organizations, and processes to understand and no clear method to go about it.
“Accreditation 101” provides a road map for the new specialist’s education and orientation, with plenty of guidance along the way. In this 90-minute webinar, accreditation expert Heather Forbes, BSN, RN, CEN, CPhT, covers survey preparation, responding to findings, maintaining compliance, and the role of the accreditation specialist.
Conducted in clear, accessible terms, this webinar is open to anyone wanting to learn more about the accreditation process—hospital leaders, quality officers, facility directors, and nurse leaders.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Establish a solid foundational knowledge of healthcare accreditation
- Understand how to prepare for an accreditation survey and respond to findings
- List the role and responsibilities of an accreditation specialist
- Understand the differences between accrediting organizations such as The Joint Commission, HFAP, and DNV
- Maintain survey readiness and compliance
- Know key accreditation terms