A working relationship with law enforcement is key to the safety, efficacy, and well-being of everyone in the hospital. That said, hospitals and law enforcement have different goals, and while the two usually work well together, they can find themselves at odds.
During this 90-minute webinar on May 22 , industry expert Lisa Terry, CHPA, CPP, will review the hospital’s role in successfully partnering with law enforcement. She will discuss how to balance best practices for ensuring the safety of patients as well as the hospital staff. Participants will also learn how they should communicate with law enforcement, as well as how to plan and implement “crucial conversations” between hospitals and law enforcement.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Access and use the best resources on how hospitals who are treating patients “under arrest” should interact with the police
- Plan and implement “crucial conversations” between the hospital/healthcare executive team and local law enforcement leadership
- Use the tenets and teachings of “Verbal Judo” to benefit both clinicians and law enforcement first responders
- Understand how hospitals can support and help facilitate law enforcement’s “guardians of the peace” mentality as they partner with hospitals
- Apply enterprise security risk management (ESRM) to situations that may arise
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
1:00-2:30 p.m. Eastern
Lisa Terry, CHPA, CPP
Level of Program:
To register or get more information, please visit the event page at HCMarketplace.com .